eValid -- The Web Quality Suite
Browser-Based Client-Side Functional Testing and Validation
Page Timing/Tuning Transaction Monitoring.
WebSite Spidering & Analysis and Realistic Server Loading.
© Copyright 2000-2012 by Software Research, Inc.
eValid -- eValid License Types & Limits
Here are some basic reference pages:
Here are basic facts about your DEMO or EVAL license.
eValid evaluation (DEMO and EVAL) keys are sent
to you for a fixed period of time to permit you
to evaluate if you wish to purchase the
eValid product suite.
You may not use your evaluation license key for production or revenue
See the eValid Software Product License Agreement.
Most eValid functions are available
within the capacity limits and with certain other restrictions described here.
These limits should not affect your ability
to assess eValid's functionality and to match eValid to your website
testing and QA needs.
Evaluation License Limitations
The EVAL and DEMO licenses to the eValid product
have these restrictions:
- An DEMO key is good for
7 days from the date of issuance by our Website robot, but provides only limited functionality.
- An EVAL key generated by our licenses team typically is good for 7+ days, and provides you with full product
functionality (with some size constraints).
It includes all Site Analysis, Functional Test, LoadTest, Timing/Tuning, and eVmanager features.
- All evaluation copies of eValid need to run on a machine that
is connected to the Web
at product launch time,
at the end of a test recording session,
at the end of a test script playback,
at the completion of a site analysis run.
This restriction does not apply to revenue keys.
- Once the website connection is checked
your test runs can proceed to analyze your intranet if you wish.
Site Mapping Limits
The powerful "spider in a browser" feature lets
you run a variety of tests on Websites
that include a wide range of production methods.
Site mapping is activated only for EVAL licenses.
Because the analysis is client side you'll have no problems
doing detailed analyses of complex Websites.
- The Number of Links mapped cannot exceed 500.
- The Number of URLs checked cannot exceed 100.
- The Limit Each Report option is set to 20 items.
- BATCH Mode Site Analysis runs are unavailable.
Functional tests are very simple and very powerful
with eValid's InBrowser technology for recording and playback.
these scripts can form the basis for detailed
timing/tuning, for monitoring, for functional test suite development,
and also for server loading.
- The DEMO key lets you record and play,
but you cannot save a script file.
EVAL keys allow saving and loading the script file.
- The Run Multiple option is limited to
a maximum run count of 10 playbacks.
- The Run Synthesized option is limited to 10 sets of value from the Data Synthesis Table.
- The Run Forever option is disabled.
- Wait periods in your test script
are limited to a maximum of 15,000 msec (15 seconds).
- The recording wizards
Dynamic Advanced LinkCheck Simple and
Dynamic Advanced LinkCheck Advanced features are
disabled in recording and ignored in playback.
- Recording and playback of email alarms
is disabled in recording and ignored in playback.
- Error reporting is limited to the first 5 errors per run.
Website Loading Limits
eValid imposes load on a server by running multiple eValid instances
that assure 100% realism.
This is the ultimate simplicity in load scenario scripting --
you use selections from your functional tests.
eValid does all the rest.
- You are limited to 10 or fewer simultaneous users playing back.
- You are limited to repetition count of 5 for any script in your LoadTest script file.
- DEMO licenses permit only a single eValid instance,
can only run pre-prepared AUTOPLAY scripts,
and cannot create LoadTest (scenario) scripts.
- The eVlite engine will run normally with an EVAL license.
The DEMO key can only run existing scripts (supplied examples).
The EVAL keys provide for full eV.Manager operation.
License Comparison Page