eValid -- Automated Web Quality Solution
Browser-Based, Client-Side, Functional Testing & Validation,
Load & Performance Tuning, Page Timing, Website Analysis,
and Rich Internet Application Monitoring.
eValid -- Applying the SyncOnURL Command
This page outlines details of applying the SyncOnURL command.
Especially in situations where text and image, as sync markers,
are illusive and/or there are tricky areas to deal with.
Such pointers will assist in deciding when to
use this sync option as part of
eValid's playback synchronizations.
Situations do arise where relying on an URL for synchronization
may be more advantageous and works better.
This advice applies whenever you encounter testing scenario situations where:
- Syncing using on Text or on Image(s) is too involved?...
- Timing is always a varying issue.
- Place holders are not as preditable.
- The sync area involves some sort of animation details. i.e. LOADING..., etc.
- Text and Image factors are not as consistent.
- Varying degrees of playback desynchronization?...
- Various situations arise where ERROR factors result in a red playback status.
- Sequences of actions are misbehaving, either occuring too early or afterwards.
- Trying to minimize and find a more direct synchronization factor.
- Seeking an extra reinforcement synchronization instance for playing back.
- Are downloading and scripting invocations causing website events before it's time?...
The steps below provide you insights to alternatively enable eValid's SyncOnURL
script command and consider whether this improves
the playback outcome and reliability.
- Identify which URL will allow maximized synchronization capabilites based on the eValid browser's downloading sequence of your websites actions during playback.
- Confirm that eValid's
eValid: Settings > Record/Play Prefs > Project/Log Management > Log Output > Detail Level
button option is set to "Detailed".
- Generate a feedback logfile with related website states and details by loading your .evs script file and playing it back.
- Open your .evs file's "Event Log (..-E.log)" or equivalent and proceed to identify possible download URL(s) to perform synchronization with.
- Insert your synchronization(s), using cut and paste or equivalent,
extract your choice(s) into your SyncOnURL " " parameter field.
- Proceed to Save, Load, and Playback your newly modified script file.
- Await eValid browser's playback completion and carefully analyze
the logfile for further details.
Perform any subsequent modifications accordingly...
- Depending on your play back results, it may be necessary for you to add extra URL(s) for further syncing actions, all really depends again on your website behavior and response interactions within the eValid browser. Repeat 3.-6. when necessary.
NOTE: To SyncOnURL script command's functionalities use the
eValid: Settings -> Advanced Record/Play Prefs -> Synchronization -> Playback
options for retrying intervals and max retry times.
You can adjust all values here, if the defaults are
inadequate for your website's syncing needs.
Care must be taken in your URL selection(s)
to achieve the most optimal synchronization.
Familiarity with your website areas and downloading
sequences has its advantages,
as this will allow more precision when trying to determine which URL(s) upon which to base your synchronization(s).